The Mac version of the popular productivity software will make its debut in three flavors: Office for Mac Home and Student 2011, Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 and Office for Mac Academic 2011. Home and Student 2011, which includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Messenger, will retail for $119 for an individual install and $149 for a Family Pack (three installs).
Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 will retail for a higher price: $199 for one install and $279 for two installs. However, it comes with a significant addition: Outlook for Mac, which replaces the less capable Entourage e-mail client. The Academic edition of Office, which includes all of the features of the Home and Business version, will cost $99, but is only available for students, faculty and staff of higher education institutions.
Office for Mac 2011 comes in 13 languages, including two new ones: Polish and Russian. This is on top of the English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish versions, most of which will be released by the end of the year.
* Template Gallery: More themes, more templates, more customizable.
Easily access thousands of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2011 themes and templates, and use them to create beautiful, professional-looking documents.
* New Database and Conversation View: Consolidate and easily access your e-mail.
Office for Mac 2011 delivers a new application for all your mission-critical e-mails, scheduling, contacts, and more - Outlook for Mac 2011.
* Perform common tasks, fast.
Office for Mac 2011 features a dynamic ribbon interface that puts commonly used features right where you need them, in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook for Mac.
* Work together easily and efficiently, with cloud-hosted Web Apps that let individuals and businesses share, edit, and interact with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents. Collaboration has never been easier-wherever you, your colleagues, and your clients are located.
* Coauthoring: One document, multiple writers.
Coauthor documents in real time, with as many contributors as you like. Office for Mac 2011 gives you better ways to work together-so that you never have to worry about version control again.
* Outlook: See your invitations and your calendar, at a glance.
Inline calendaring now happens right in your inbox-so you don?t have to switch back and forth from your calendar to e-mail.
* PowerPoint: Put on a show-anywhere-with Broadcast Slide Show.
Now you can remotely present your PowerPoint slides to anyone with an Internet connection. Your viewers don?t even need to have PowerPoint installed to view your show.